Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Welcome to the forum and sorry you are having problems.....

Some of the problem may be too cool of water and nutrition.....

Once you complete the antibiotic-I would get the water temp up to at least 76F and start feeding him more...a good quality varied diet in small frequent meals

In the current tank I would make twice weekly water changes-1-50% and 1-100% to maintain water quality....

Don't give up on him too soon.....give him the tools so he can build his immune response and the rest should follow.....along with water quality-good nutrition and proper water temp is needed.....

Can you post a pic.....and describe the fin rot and you are sure he is not biting.....

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
I couldn't tell much by the video....do the fin tip look black/discolored, tattered and crusty- not curly.....can you see any white or clear looking fin tips in the area....

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Black doesn't always mean fin rot-usually fin rot will have a crusty look to it-like it being eaten away...by the video he looks fairly healthy and responsive to you....get the water temp up and start feeding him...he can't heal without proper nutrition, water quality or temp......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.