Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I noticed that my betta Azul has ich. I immediately drove to PetSmart to pick up some meds, but they were closed. So I had to go to Walmart, and all they had was Jungle Ich Guard I. I looked it up and several said it'd be fine to use with bettas.

The thing is, I'm currently at college and I have to leave for Thanksgiving break Tuesday night, and it's about a two hour ride home.

Would it be safe to transport him, or would the stress make his condition worse? Also, how should I go about moving him? Do I leave him in his tank or put him back in his container?

Thanks,
DB

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Some others might want to weigh in but because of the ICH and medication if it were my betta I would take him along and lower the water alot in his current tank and leave him there. Find an appropriate size cooler to put his tank in and add some handwarmers around (but not inside the tank) to keep the temp up.
Keeping him in the dark or dimly lit will reduce stress for him while you are moving him. The reason I would do this is that ICH can kill and occasionally medication can produce a bad reaction and you have to act fast to reduce it. I have tried the medication you are using on a fish similar to betta and it went ok. The only other thing I can think of is if someone that if can handle the fish care is not going away from your school can take care of him.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts