Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha, you guys must be sick of these posts now

i was looking at my photo files tonight, and i came across a few (well, no actually, alot XD) decent pics.. i was wondering if i should, and if i do, which one?
sorry for this huge picspam!

Attachments

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol seems like 4 is the general consensus. he was biting at the glass.. not yawning. he hates the camera and wants it gone! XD

·
Registered
303 Posts
I love the jaws om nom nom photo :lol:

In terms of composition, I really like #4 myself. However, I'm in the minority when I say I don't think it needs much cropping.

I asked my husband (who is a professional photographer) and here is what he had to say:

The photo has character the way it is - if you crop, you will lose the story of the tank and the space where your fishy swam through. If you want to keep this character, I suggest cropping only to fix the horizon which is off-kilter.

If you do wind up cropping, it will change the shot into something else, more like a catalogue photo. However, that's not to say that sort of photo is bad - it all depends on what you want to accomplish :)

Lastly, as a future composition tip, try to take pics with space in front of your fishy. It gives them breathing room. Showing where your fish is going versus where your fish has been. Without the breathing room, people subliminally feel something is wrong with the photo without knowing why. Hence why so many have suggested cropping :)
I hope that helps! Your fishy is beautiful and I like your photos.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I like three; I like the cutesy eye look on him. :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
.....I don't understand.....?

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
hahaha the yawn is awesome xDD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts