Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get myself into doubletails so please guys post your pics for me!
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
I love DT's :). I love their huge dorsals and they seem to be the most derpy :crazy: of the fin types. They can however be prone to health issues due to their body shape. I currently have 3 of my own. The cream guy is Feather. The other two are new and don't have names yet. Feather is from Petco, the mustard gas is an import and the pinkish guy is from a US breeder.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Got these guys at Petco recently

Cosmo in May(Top) and Picasso(bottom) last week, when I went there for some live plants for my sorority tank and wasn't planning on getting another Betta but they were just putting him on the shelf from their shipment and I just had to get him. :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wooow purrrrrty!!! :D starting to get into them already! :D

·
Registered
214 Posts
I love double tails, especially double veil tails. If I ever see one I might just HAVE to get it :D :D

Keep us posted on your starting! :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
Here's a pic of my DT...before he started the tailbiting. :/ His caudal fin is not completely divided into two separate lobes. His more more the "heart" variation...which from what I gather isn't "desirable" but I love him anyway :)

This is when he was first brought home:

This is the best picture showing his extensive finnage:

And when the fin biting began :(

At it's worst:

He healed up quickly and let his fins fill back in almost completely. And last week, started it back up again. :( AHHH....the downside of the amazingly heavy finnage of the DT.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My only DT is a HM plakat named Sherlock. I know it's not as impressive as other DTs but I still love him.

·
Registered
429 Posts
This is Winchester my DT. When I got him he was the tiniest little thing and I was afraid he was sick or something, but then he grew and grew and grew and now he's my gentle giant because he's super passive, doesn't flare much. Just like to follow me when I'm in the room and explore his tank. I love him!!!! :-D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful pics guys, bettalover-sorry about prometheus he was beautiful!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.