Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
It's been ten days now, and no signs of improvement. Has not eaten anything during that time, the bloat remains, the color has faded from his fins/body, and what energy he had now appears to be fading. Can't tell about the cloudy eye, as I still can't get a view of it (although at this point, it's probably the least of his concerns).

Finished up one round of Erythromycin, which had no apparent effect. Now am on Kanaplex (so far, nothing), and was thinking about adding in Furan-2 as a last ditch Hail Mary.

Didn't know if I should offer him food on the off chance he might take it, as he's running up against the supposed "two week" window (although I think he may be too far gone at this point to care).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just tried feeding him - No go. Be surprised now if he makes it through the night.

Will probably be for the best, as he has no quality of life now. Hate to lose him, though, as he was the first one I ever raised from a small fry (not to mention that only making to only one year old is not nearly long enough).

·
Super Moderator
2,592 Posts
Finish the round of Kanaplex. I'm becoming more suspect now that it is organ failure, look to see if his scales are pineconing (they probably are by now).
If he doesn't start to recover and is hanging on, you'll have to make a choice.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts