Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I really have no idea what is wrong with my Betta. The water temp is 75-76°F the filter is always on and I treat the water after each water change with stress coat +. The problem is he spends pretty much all day sitting idle at the top of the tank, he's not dead because he will move if I touch the tank where he is sitting. He only moves when I feed him or to move somewhere else to sit. I have not had him more than a year. He sits on his side. Thanks in advance.

Update: he is moving, but only to flare at his reflection. Then goes back to sitting there.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
You might want to try slowly raising the water temperature to 78-80 over the course of a few days (Too quick and he will go into temp shock and possibly die).

How big is his tank, are there lots of decorations and mid and top level, and how much water do you change weekly?

With the stress coat, are you using it based on just the supplement instructions or the actual conditioner instructions. It might be best if you buy a specific conditioner (Prime, Tetra Aquasafe, etc) and use stress coat as a supplement since it is still very nice to have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts