Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I stopped by another petco near me today just to peak..... and I was ecstatic to see what I saw....... A red Dragon PK (not 100% sure on gender but I'm pretty sure male) and a beautiful blue double rayed CT female.... BOTH LABELED AS VEIL TAIL FEMALES! Pfffft. I just walked away with like $25 worth of fish that I paid $5.72 USD for... LMAO! I have to add another divider to my ten and set up more plants before I can put them in, and right now pictures are totally terrible so I'll add more when I can take them later! If the Dragon is indeed a male he'll be named Thorn to continue with my Inheritance Dragon theme and the female I'm not sure about yet.... LOL YAY!

·
Registered
376 Posts
*le gasp* I see, another victim of the betta bug... I swear if I see a marble (doesn't matter what the markings are) betta, no matter what gender or finnage *points at you* GOOD JOB ON YOUR PURCHASE.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I can't wait to release them into the tank and take some pics! Now that I know my silly crappy camera takes amazing up close shots (without the flash) of fish *points to Avatar* it should be easy to get nice shots of them!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I already feel the itch. I just bought a tank I am going to use for a "quarunteen" tank.... *sighs* :lol: but I'm going to buy some females this weekend and I have a feeling I am going to find a boy that calls my name. :roll:

·
Registered
50 Posts
HEY!!! lmfao that just happened to me too!!

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
HAHA were all suckers for those stubby little faces

·
Registered
102 Posts
oooo I went to pets supply plus the other day and seen a GORGEOUS dragon male whose fins where almost a pastel blue/green/red color. Very very interesting looking fella but I had to resist getting him because I'm about to have 7 bettas and no room left for a 8th :(

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok guys, ready to see my loot?

This is the little double rayed CT female! No name yet, I'm still deciding!

This is the new tank setup. Divided ten gallon. I didn't mean to give Glaedr more room there on the right.... lol whoops!

And this... is Thorn... the "veil tail female" LMAO

I still can't believe they both only cost me $5.72... I almost feel bad about it! LOL

They are all happy and healthy and active and already settling in! Glaedr is looking Marvelous too!

So those are the pics for now. Gonna try to get better ones of the female tomorrow during the day time! YAY!

·
Registered
102 Posts
WOW I just adore that dragon female :D I'm a sucker for dragons though lol. All 3 are beautiful though! Nice pickups!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you really think the dragon is a female? It sure acts quite a lot like a male, I can't see an ovipositor and it has major gil flaps.... and flares at the female next to it. I was like 100% sure he was a he... what are you guys' opinions? I can get a video if that'll help? The only thing that was throwing me off was the ventral fins, but it still seems more manly to me :/

·
Registered
153 Posts
I love your fish! (And their names; I just finished reading the last Inheritance book) :p

·
Registered
102 Posts
Honestly it seems male to me. I was just going by what it was labeled as lol! He or she, its beautiful!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh ok. Yeah it was labeled as a veil tail female but I was pretty sure it was a dragon male Plakat! LOL so I got a 20$ fish for 2.50$ LMAO I took a video anyways, I'll post it in a minute!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlPqKrb0hQk&feature=youtu.be

Took a vid to show off Thorn. He flares in the beginning at the female next door who is very responsive to him... and I can't for the life of me find an ovipositor on him... and he seems pissed that I have a camera in his face.... What do you guys think? Manly man? or Manly woman? LMAO Don't mind the kitty meows and me talking... that is Brutus Beefcake being vocal! LOL

·
Registered
102 Posts
hmm.. I think its a male..

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
me too! Tho if he WAS a female..... lol I would totally breed him to Glaedr! xD

·
Registered
982 Posts
The first one is completely female. The finnage, the ventrals, and the slender body are all female. She looks EXACTLY like my female. I couldn't find an egg spot on her, either, but I conditioned her and she blew up with eggs. She acts aggressive with other fish, will flare a full beard, and even makes the TINNIEST bubblenests. 100% female, though. She's also a PetCo girl.

By the way.. I LOVE HER. Such a good find!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
laughing, are you talking about the dark one with the crown tail or the red dragon plakat? Cause it was the red plakat that I'm questioning. I know the crown tail is female! She has a huge ovipositor and is already vertically barred... lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
Those bettas are gorgeous! I can only hope that I can find a steal as good as yours! Amazing:D. They are truly beautiful!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you AquaKai! I was just going in "to check" lol. We all know how that ends up. I'm also most likely acquiring two females off of aquabid soon... Chard has some females I have my eyes on... so yeah! LOL

1 - 20 of 39 Posts