Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have one male betta (red delta tail if you're curious!) He's about a year old. I recently upgraded him from a 1.5 gallon tank to a 3.5 gallon tank and he adores it. Tons of swim room and he's soo happy, but the tank seems way too big for one single fish. I'm thinking he needs a friend but I am not sure what the best option is. Something small probably, because it is still just a 3.5 gallon tank, but the one betta in it just seems empty....

Is there anything that will get along with him, yet not be overcrowded with him in the tank?? It's a round 3.5 gallon that's taller than it is wide. I have a filter/pump, so oxygen isn't an issue. It stays, obviously, at tropical fish setting, usually around 80-82 degrees.

I was thinking snail? But I just feel like it would be hard to get a snail out of there to clean x.x Maybe this is just my opinion since ive never had one before...

But what about fish?? Something not too dirty, yet nice enough to be my bettas friend despite the fish species differences? lol No prejudice fish wanted!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My tank is filtered though. but pooping snails don't sound fun after all... and how can my fish not be lonely??? i mean.. he has a giant dinosaur in the tank with him and some little toy fish that bobble along the top of the waters surface... but other than that his only company is me. people might say hes not lonely, but he cant tell me hes not lonely. and id rather him have a friend he doesnt have to talk to than suffer loneliness... right?? then again I have warped views on animals... I do this with my cat too, which is why I have two cats... and why I have two dogs... and two hamsters... when I had rabbits I had two of those too. the thought of one animal all alone for its whole life just seems depressing...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.