Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SIP Polaris, my first pet, after only a month and a half. Yesterday, i was forced to do a 100% water since the water for some reason became filthy and green, but poor Polaris went into shock almost immediately, losing a lot of colour. This morning, he was deteriorating heavily, he was heavy breathing at the bottom of the tank and only going to the top for air and even then he was struggling to swim up. So, about 5 minutes ago, I put him to sleep.

I had him for a month and a half, he was a birthday present, i picked him out from the tanks at pets at home and brought him back, and after a few weeks, i found he was a very peaceful fish, he even acted a little like a dog sometimes, he would excitedly swim to the front of his tank whenever i walked in, he would follow my finger when i put it against the glass. He rarely flared his gills, only when he was a little shy from moving from the 4 litre cube in the pet shop to a 12 litre tank. My brother has some Guppies in a 7 litre tank, and once we had to put them in with Polaris whilst the tank was cleaned (it was caked with Algae) and he didn't nip at their fins, flare or attack, he didn't seem to mind sharing his little cave with them, it was so cute.

SIP Polaris the friendly Betta fish, you will be missed. :sob:

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
SIP Polaris, my first pet, after only a month and a half. Yesterday, i was forced to do a 100% water since the water for some reason became filthy and green, but poor Polaris went into shock almost immediately, losing a lot of colour. This morning, he was deteriorating heavily, he was heavy breathing at the bottom of the tank and only going to the top for air and even then he was struggling to swim up. So, about 5 minutes ago, I put him to sleep.

I had him for a month and a half, he was a birthday present, i picked him out from the tanks at pets at home and brought him back, and after a few weeks, i found he was a very peaceful fish, he even acted a little like a dog sometimes, he would excitedly swim to the front of his tank whenever i walked in, he would follow my finger when i put it against the glass. He rarely flared his gills, only when he was a little shy from moving from the 4 litre cube in the pet shop to a 12 litre tank. My brother has some Guppies in a 7 litre tank, and once we had to put them in with Polaris whilst the tank was cleaned (it was caked with Algae) and he didn't nip at their fins, flare or attack, he didn't seem to mind sharing his little cave with them, it was so cute.

SIP Polaris the friendly Betta fish, you will be missed. :sob:
So sorry to read this, tough to lose your first.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts