Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swim in Peace Ra I hadn't even quite had you a full year yet...

I don't exactly know what caused your death but it was a build and I knew it was coming. I was certain it was the end when I saw you beginning to pinecone but after getting you home from college and dosing you with aquarium salt the swelling stopped and you looked normal. I know you had been lying around the tank a lot during the last semester and that it was my fault due to the far too infrequent water changes but after the pineconing stopped and I was doing water changes I thought you would recover. Only you didn't. Sitting on the sand turned to lying on your side and ceasing swimming altogether, not even surfacing to eat.

Over the last week or so I really knew it was the end. Breathing became harder for you, the couple times I thought you were dead there was an increasingly obvious decline in your awareness of your surroundings and decreased reaction time.

You were one of the most beautiful betta I had ever seen, the first I even knew they were able to be such a lovely golden yellow. I'm happy that you are no longer struggling for breath and can finally rest. Go swim with your old buddies the Panda Crew in the giant pool in the sky... Rest well little guy.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
OH NO! I'm SO sorry you lost him. SIP Ra. <3

1 - 4 of 4 Posts