Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest brother's betta just died this evening. It was his first betta and it bites that it had to be so soon. My brother and I are still debating, but it's sad when something so vibrant one moment is seen dead another.

Attachments

·
Registered
667 Posts
My youngest brother's betta just died this evening. It was his first betta and it bites that it had to be so soon. My brother and I are still debating, but it's sad when something so vibrant one moment is seen dead another.
Oh no! Terrible.
Were you able to check the water parameters?

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. I was going to take some to PetSmart for them to test, but my brother dumped the water out and went to bed sad. I'm seriously bummed about this. My brothers have been experiencing deaths (for one of them, left and right) and I'm sitting on thirteen bettas and haven't lost any yet, not even my first betta. He's not even slowing down. I feel incredibly bad...

I'm thinking either too hot water (experienced that with Cas because I'm an idiot, but surprisingly, he seems to be swimming normally when before he was kinda lopsided) or not enough water conditioner. I tell my brother to do fifty percent water changes every day and then one hundred percent every week, and that was one of those hundred percent days, and our faucet is touchy (especially the upstairs one). But he showed me his betta (because he was starting to marble) and he looked fine! I even said he was looking good and then that evening... :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts