Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pet Betta fish 'Toby' recently passed away, and sadly I don't have any photos of him (he was a blue color, and my younger brother had photos and videos of him, but unfortunately his phone broke and got thrown away before this happened.). After his death, I was deciding on burying him or cremateing him and decided on cremation, since I didn't want to just throw him away. So, I looked at this thread Cremation and did most of the process, this is where my question comes in, I already put him through the stove so, can I possibly instead use a stove to turn his body into ashes? Or should I build a fire as the thread is saying to do? I am asking this since I don't have experience with starting a fire and don't really want to bother my Aunt about this (since she knows how to, but probably doesn't have time). Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello! We ended up cremateing his body on a old pot (luckily, my aunt had some old pots in her garage) on top of a fire, me and my aunt built. It was quite simple, as I've already put his body through a oven, so the cremation took about 15 to 20 minutes, we kept pressing down on his body to make sure it would break apart and become ashes. After that we put him in a ziplock bag, and kept him in a box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts