Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
It's biofilm. It's made from algae, bacteria, etc. All tanks get it to some extent. If you can't put the java fern in with your fish, which would be preferable imo, the cups sounds like the best way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
If you had an algea-eater of some sort they might munch on it. Otherwise, I dunno. It's not harmful though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
I think scrubbing by hand or getting an algae-eater are the only ways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,113 Posts
Yea, I think almost all snails are algae-eaters. Some eat other things in addition, but the vast majority of marine snails eat algae. They should help.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top