Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So around Xmas time my boyfriend insisted that I try and save this pathetic blue CT that looked like it was about to die. He never had an interest in my fish saving before so whenever he points one out, it comes home with me.

So I bring this poor thing home, thinking its gonna die overnight...OR that the 5000 mile car trip out of Alaska will kill him if he somehow managed to survive the night...

He was lying on his side, rapid gill movement, rapid mouth movement. huge chunks of blue fins floating all over his cup, his top fin was almost gone. His Ammonia level was off the chart, literally

well, he survived the night and after a few days I moved him out of his cup and onto about an inch or so of water...he still couldnt swim too well

Then it came time to Leave Alaska. Out of 23 bettas, TWO survived :shock: and Sluggles was one of them! The other was a red CT named Mr Magic Mushroom.

Not only did he survive the trip, but he can now swim normally

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
omg so sorry D: "but this guy fight, he'll fight through not all could, he could fight the impossible in bad conditions, even though most lost are sad, be glad that your survivor could fight to live, not even to live to exist. being in a place that was careless about him, he dared himself he could make it, and he did" he is adorable :3

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Sorry about your other fish, but amazing story!

·
Registered
25 Posts
This may be a little off and i am very sorry about your fish.. but im trying to figure out whats wrong with my two betta fish... the color in both of them is off... and im just confused on how to fix it.. it is dangerous if there color is faded? (one is red but is also faded like white and the other is blue and fading brown) i know its not right because ive seen them both without the fading but idk what to do to help them..:-( i dont want my fish to be sick and not do anything to help them..

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
This may be a little off and i am very sorry about your fish.. but im trying to figure out whats wrong with my two betta fish... the color in both of them is off... and im just confused on how to fix it.. it is dangerous if there color is faded? (one is red but is also faded like white and the other is blue and fading brown) i know its not right because ive seen them both without the fading but idk what to do to help them..:-( i dont want my fish to be sick and not do anything to help them..
post that in the disease section the'll know how to help :)

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
They were all ones I had gotten while I lived in Alaska and some I had for about a year.

They had heating packs with them but aparently at some point the back seat window was open and we didn't notice even though it was about -25F outside. When I noticed the window, I checked the fish and only 4 were alive. One died 2 days later and another died about 2 weeks later.

I miss them but I think they would be happy knowing that I can now save a few more from the evils of walmart, just like they were.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think I should show some new pics of him due to he link from the biweekly newsletter

What he looked like when he arrived in New York

This pic I think is pretty poor qulity but it does show his colors really well

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Wow Tiki he looks so great! What an amazing job you did with him. You should be very proud! Not to change the subject but when crossing Canadian Borders did they question you about your fish?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
from Alaska--->Yukon - Canadian customs didnt care about a thing. They didnt even ask for the papers for Bubbles and the chinchilla.

Canada--->Montana - US customs, on the other hand :evil:, they didn't care about the fish at all but the guy kept asking if he opened up the uhaul if he was gonna find any drugs. They kept John and I in seperate rooms and questioned us for for like 40 minutes. I was like - you jacka$$, I just spent 6 days cramped in a tiny car with a freakin 30 pound dog on my lap and only ONE night in a hotel. DO I LOOK LIKE A DRUG SMUGGLER TO YOU? Good thing I didn't bring my indian almond leaves with me :shock:

if you search canadian customs - as long as the fish is not on some kind of endangered species or banned list.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts