Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.. This is hilarious. I just got into an arguement with someone on another forum site.

This girl told me that a betta fish will die in less than a month if he isn't in at least a 50 gallon tank. Yes, 50 gallons. I even asked her " Do you mean 5? " since I know some of you think that, but she said nope, 50 gallons.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohmygosh this is hilarious to me. I honestly don't know why I'm laughing. I know it's all preference, and that could be hers, but she said it like " NEED "

So I hope others find this amusing too. xD

·
Registered
67 Posts
Jeeze 50?!!? She had to have been senile. That's insane, My lil male PK is overwhelmed with having a 20gal to himself. You'd think if you put a single betta in a 50 gallon it would stress!

On the plus side, at least she didn't claim they could live in a .5gal x___x

·
Registered
53 Posts
:O

That's insane! Can you image if the pet stores told people that? They'd make a lot more money that's for sure....

I hope this person doesn't plan on keeping multiple bettas. In order to divide a tank, you'd need AT LEAST 100 gallons. 100 gallons for two bettas.

._______.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:O

That's insane! Can you image if the pet stores told people that? They'd make a lot more money that's for sure....

I hope this person doesn't plan on keeping multiple bettas. In order to divide a tank, you'd need AT LEAST 100 gallons. 100 gallons for two bettas.

._______.
this made me lol.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Well, at least it's better than the other extreme. :p But wow. Did she give reasons for that?

Got to say, my bettas have a higher-than-average lifespan for their tiny 5 and 16 gallon tanks, if that's the case. :p

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Wow, i would have laughed in her face then walked away....whata fool...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Well, I remember a thread back in January when someone was told bettas need a 60g and are schooling fish. LOL

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Wonder what she would say to the fact that my female is in a 1 gallon has live 2 years and is very happy and would be overwhelmed in anything bigger? She would freak out in anything that big...that person is insane.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
wow, people are dumb.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
50 gallons? Are they a memeber of PETA? :shock: Actually, I think PETA says they ONLY need 10 but shouldnt be kept as pets at all...

Sound like something PETCO would say....

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
peta says we should release them into their 'natural' environment....the 'ocean'!

·
Registered
67 Posts
peta says we should release them into their 'natural' environment....the 'ocean'!

Baahahaha, soo true. Peta scares me sooooo badly, a bunch of crazy nutcases who gather together for the 'prevention of cruelty to animals' ..... yet, they have nooo respect for women. :{

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Not really a bad idea. *hoards 50 gallons*

Think how it would be with someone who has 10+ bettas! 500+ gallons of tanks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts