Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Oh my gosh, accidents in cars can be so scary! I hope you get better...

With cycling, it honestly depends. My very first 10 gallon took about a month to cycle, but my second one took about two weeks because I seeded it with filter media from my first one. If you have any fish keeping friends close by with sucessfully cycled tanks, you can dramatically cut down the ammount of time needed to cycle your tank if they allow you to toss in a piece of filter foam into their tank for about a day or two (this gives the benificial bacteria time to cling to it) before adding it to your filter.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
All of the choices are good ones, it just depends on what you are looking for. With the 10 gallon divided four ways, it can sometimes looks a little crowded and messy if not done with care. However, you only have to do one water change a week (though it'd have to be 50-75% of the water), and you only need one filter and one heater. 2 of the hawkeyes would also be nice, and it'd give the illusion of more space and water, however you'd have two tanks to maintain and monitor as opposed to one. With the 5 gallon divided and the 10 gallon divided, again, they'd both look nice, however you'd be using technically more water to maintain 15 total gallons of water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts