Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started using Seachem Prime as my water conditioner, and it says it detoxifies ammonia. So what does that mean for me? Less water changes, faster cycle, anything?

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
So, for instance, if you know a water change is due but you don't have time to do one that day, you can buy yourself 24+ hours grace by chucking some Prime in. Obviously a water change is better, but it can help. :) Adding it during the cycle is also helpful for the fish, as it converts ammonia to ammonium, which can still be used by the cycle but won't harm your fish.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Prime and others like it can be very useful for people with ammonia in their water supply. It is used like chlorine sometimes because it has antibacterial properties. Or prolonging water changes. Or if you notice a huge spike during cycling and can't change water that minute.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats great! Im so glad I got it! My cycle crashed because of a fin rot incident a few weeks ago so the poor little trooper has to go through a second one.....But prime will be my friend!

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Prime will be your best friend! Lol. I've used it to cycle tanks before.

You guys wanna know another interesting use of a highly concentrated chlorine detoxifier? It can clean bathing suits. I was reading reviews on Amazon and found someone who uses it to get the chlorine smell out of her bathing suit. I'm keen to try it next week when I go to the beach with my friends.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Prime will be your best friend! Lol. I've used it to cycle tanks before.

You guys wanna know another interesting use of a highly concentrated chlorine detoxifier? It can clean bathing suits. I was reading reviews on Amazon and found someone who uses it to get the chlorine smell out of her bathing suit. I'm keen to try it next week when I go to the beach with my friends.
You know what? I actually saw that review! I might try that! lol

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Bathing suit cleaner? but then won't it smell like sulfer? Prime smells just as much as chlorine, IMO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.