Betta Fish Forum banner

some plants not doing so well....

825 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tony2632 
#1 ·
I have a few different types of plants in my tank. The Java Fern, and Anubias are doign pretty good, But the Water Wisteria, Micro Sword and Argintine Sword arent looking so hot, the Microsword kinda looks like its melting, The Argintine sword have half dried up leaves and the Wisteria is just not growing at all the it has a slight yellow tint to it...

I am using this Light:

http://www.amazon.com/Current-USA-S...qid=1402529752&sr=8-4&keywords=Current+USa+18

ya think its not enough light maybe? if thats the case i'll move up to this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Current-USA-S...qid=1402529752&sr=8-1&keywords=Current+USa+18

I'm just not sure if spending an extra 30 somthing $ will resolve the issue.

#2 ·
Both the lights looks like they give off the same Kalvin. 6500K. You would think that would be just fine for the plants. Did you just plant them into your tank? sometimes the plants need to adjust to the water conditions and will melt until new leaves form.

I hope this helps some. and I helped bump this thread up for ya. =)

#3 ·
How long has it been since you've planted? All of my plants went through an initial yellowing and "shock" phase before bouncing back. Days after planting my microsword, I thought for sure it was dead as 70% of it was yellow, white and brown. It's been about two weeks now and it's finally back to vibrant green and sending out runners. Same with my wisteria... it went yellow and several leaves browned before turning bright green and exploding with new growth. I'm using 6500k bulbs too, so you may want to look into other avenues such as the fertalizer.

#5 · (Edited)
here are a few pics of what i'm talkin about.

I've had the plants for a month, however I switched tanks and had to move them. I tookem out and putem in a bucket with tank water while I got my new tank ready. so they were switched from my old tank to the new tank about a week now. The light has been there for a week as well, got it with the new tank.

I use Seachem Flourish Root Tabs, Its a 11.4 gallon Mr Aqua tank, I use two ofem, centrally placed.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.