Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the end of my betta's taiil has become white and i was wondering if is fungus, fin rot or just a change of color.

Capture.png

·
Registered
781 Posts
Looks to me to just be a change in color. Generally fin-rot is black at the ends, I believe.

Is it fuzzy at all?

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it looks fine, just that the end of his tail is starting to get white.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am kind of worried, it doesn't look right.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Keep an eye on it. How are your water parameters? Do the edges fall off or look like they are falling off? Or getting shorter? Most of the males I have that get white tips, the white tips is growth from previous damage such as fin rot or tail biting.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My water parameters are good, the only thing wrong i see is the color everything else seem fine but is weird how his tail is turning white.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
you sure it isn't growth? to me it looks like it but I could be wrong :) If it continues to get worse there is definitely something wrong.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A friend of mine suggested that he is growing , since i got him when he was really small but like yiou said, i am gonna keep an eye on him and hope is nothing bad.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Well I see his fins are a bit shorter, so it's possible :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much, just keep an eye on him, If he starts to get lethargic then maybe try him on treatment for fin rot, as far as I can see he's just growing his fins out for the ladies :p usually fin rot makes the end of the fins go either black (like they're burned) or red (like they're bleeding)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts