Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please please help! After a snow storm I just spent four days without power and as you can imagine my 7 girl sorority is in pretty bad shape; although all of my girls are still alive at the moment, sadly my male vt didn't make it :cry:. My first assesment is several of my girls have fin rot and one has popeye although they all seem very perky after I did a 100% water change, tank cleaning (without soap), and got them warmed up. I added aq salt and stress coat, should I add some Melafix? Also, what should I add to treat every day (if anything)? They are in a filtered 10 gallon tank currently set to 79 degrees. In a 10 gallon should I still do 100% daily water changes while they heal? Finally, should I remove the filter while I treat them? Sorry for the million questions I just want to help them get better! Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated :) Thanks!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sick sorority update

An update on my sorority. All of my girls seem to be recovering from the power outage and are all now eating which I take to be a good sign :-D I would still like to know if I should add another dose of stress coat or aq salt to help with their fins? I do not want to overmedicate but I don't want to undermedicate if it would help them heal faster (they do not seem any worse). Jewel, Ophelia, Annabel Lee, Juliet, Rosalie, Hermione, and Mary Shelly thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts