Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHIch number would be better for a sorority in a 10 gallon heated tank with a sponge filter:

Six

or

Seven?

We have six selected females quarantining in separate bowls for our sorority but there is a seventh that is really calling my name. SHouting, more like. I just dont' want to bring her home if that 7th fish will be too much and make it not work.

Advice?

Oh, and on a total tangent, I'm ticked that dear husband would not let me bring home a male dragonscale plakat that I fell in love with while hunting for females. SIgh....:-? Seriously... near white turquiose body with orange fins and black edging. At PETSMART!!!!!! Doh.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Odd numbers seem to work really well for sororities, but I'm not sure about keeping seven in a 10g. It seems a little borderline overcrowded to me, unless there is a LOT of cover, and ideally some live plants to help out with the ammonia load.
Six girls can work fine, too. My own sorority was six girls in a 15h, so the same footprint as a 10g. They did quite well with some live plants and lots of decorations and hidey-holes. =] It really just depends on the particular girls and how feisty they are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts