Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHOA, IT'S BEEN A WHILE.
I'm plotting to finally get a 10g tank this summer to start a sorority up in. I'm planning on getting six girls, so I'm wondering a) if that's too many for 10g, and b) if a school of guppies or danios would fit in there too.
I'm pretty sure from what I've learned on here that adding the school would be pushing stocking limits, but I just want to make sure. They don't NEED to be in there, I'm just weighing options.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Danios need at least a 2-3ft long tank as they are generally very active and boisterous swimmers. Guppies and female bettas is probably overstocking depending on numbers, and I think the females may tear shreds off the guppies later down the track, particularly in a 10 gallon. I would try a 15-20 gallon if you want to house any other fish with your sorority.

Six females will be fine in a 10 gallon. Just ensure you have lots of plants or cover, and keep up on water changes as sororities can be a high-stress environment and poor water quality can lead to a plethora of problems.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I guess that means no tankmates, then. I'm saving up so I can get a lot of plants and dedor for hiding places, so that should be fine. Thank you! :D

·
Registered
416 Posts
Highly recommend going to thrift stores. I'm currently in the planning stage of a 15 gallon sorority and found they have quite abit of cheap glasses, mugs, vases for hiding holes and planting plants at different height levels in the tank.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a great idea :D There's a thrift store on my side of town that's enormous, so I should definitely be able to find lots of stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts