Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to think about getting a sorority started and I thought that since a lot of you on here have beautiful planted sorority tanks I would ask to see some, for ideas and stuff about how to set mine up. I think I'm going to have a 10g with 4 female Bettas, a nitrate snail and 2 or 3 neon tetras, any ideas?
Post away!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That sound good to me, but if your doing a 10g NTP you can have more snakes than that :D you can even do shrimp.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sound good to me, but if your doing a 10g NTP you can have more snakes than that :D you can even do shrimp.
Snakes? I'm not quite sure what you are referencing? A picture might help? And, it will have plants so my fish can have cover, it just wont be a jungle underwater. Thanks for the quick reply:-D

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Oh gosh darn spell check u.u sorry not snakes it was suppose to me snails.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I wouldn't put the neons if I were you. They tend to nip fins and they need more space than a 10 gallon IMO. But some guppies or pygmy cories would look good. My 10 gallon has 3 (4 as of last night, but she is still in her cup) females and is a grow out tank for young guppies and platies.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I don't think you will have to worry about the tetras since usually as a minimum they should be a school of 5-6.

Ok more important, what ever YOU choose to put in your tank, make sure the fish don't get bigger than the bettas (battas can become there food or be brave enough to pick back), make sure they don't have long fancy tails and are to bright in color (because that is basically putting a target on there backs). At least if you go with fish that have colors make sure they are fast swimmers for fast get seats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts