Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:oops: ok this is the last thread I'll start for a while!

I got my bettas a clay pot each from the craft store. They are aprox. 2.5 in across the opening, and 3-4 in long. I sealed the hole in the bottom with aquarium sealant, and let it cure for 2 days. The pots are now soaking in water with water conditioner, just in case.

Now for the question....how long to soak them? They have been soaking for 3 or 4 hours, and I've changed the soaking water once. Is this enough?

I don't want to poison my fish, but I'd like to give them their new toys/hiding spots.

Thanks for all the help you guys have provided so far! :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
That's way longer than I let my glue cure! I'm sure you're fine to just put the pots in your tank at this point.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wiggyl! The directions said to let it cure at room temp for 48 hours. IDK why so I just went with it. I'm gonna go get them now and put them in! :-D

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think the standard is 24 hrs. Since you're past that and have done a soaking I wouldn't worry unless something smelled gluey

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Horton loooooooooves his already! I placed it in his barren hospital tank, and a minute later he's hulled up inside it! yay!!!

Cindy Lou is less impressed. In her defense, her tank is taller then it is long/wide. That will be fixed on sunday, both her and Horton will have a 10gal each! Shes currently hiding behind it/over her heater...

No glue smell, the sealant I've got has a vinegar-y smell to it, and thats been gone sense it lost it's tackiness. :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good! They're a great cheap and easy decoration. Plus they can house BB for cycling!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts