Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Congrats! That is great to hear! May I ask, what exactly is the method you used?
This is the method I used鈥
As she says in the video, this is just one acclimation method and there are many other successful ways to do it.

I appreciate that she gives a very thorough explanation for why this method works.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Rachel used to import hundreds of fish every year. She had health issues so now only sells what she's bred. :( I bought all of my fish from her (except Bettas).
She鈥檚 had a tough time in the last year or so. I鈥檓 sorry that I鈥檒l probably never get to order fish from her, but I learn a lot watching her YouTube videos.

Registered
60 litres with 2 blue rams, my cat!
Thanks Feanor and sparky! Got school now, but I'll watch the video later.
I just need to add that PANDA CORYS ARE TOO STINKING CUTE!!

That is all.
I know!!!!!! Lol. I'm glad you're enjoying them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It鈥檚 been five days since I added the panda corys to the tank.

5 of the little ones are doing great. They鈥檙e eating well, have colored up nicely, and are very alert and active.

But 1 little dude (or dudewas mostly staying off by himself and looked very pale. He also looked smaller than the others. At one point, while he was by himself, I managed to drop a piece of food less than an inch away from him but he never moved towards it. Then a few of the others came over, pushed him away, and took the food for themselves.

Yesterday morning I was very easily able to net him and isolated him in a breeder box with a crumpled IAL and a single pellet of Bug Bites Bottom Feeder.

After isolating him it鈥檚 clear that he鈥檚 very thin and pale, but I don鈥檛 see any sort of physical damage (no tattered fins or abrasions) or outward signs of illness (no fungus or discoloration) .

I鈥檓 currently feeding them Bug Bites bottom feeder pellets, Bug Bites Betta flakes, Hikari Vibra Bites, and frozen brine shrimp or frozen mysis shrimp.

The other 5 eagerly chow down on everything, but the little pale dude hasn鈥檛 eaten anything.

Not sure the little one will make it, especially if he won鈥檛 eat, but I鈥檒l keep trying.

Registered
6 Bettas, Innumerable Snails, 3 Mice, 1 Madagascar hisser, 3 Halloween hissers
Poor baby, crossing my fingers that he eats soon!

Reactions: sparkyjoe

Registered
Have you tried bloodworm or daphnia? Live is best and my cories loved searching the leaf litter for them. Some fish and I don't know why I can only get eating live foods and have to wean them onto dry and frozen

Registered
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Have you tried bloodworm or daphnia? Live is best and my cories loved searching the leaf litter for them. Some fish and I don't know why I can only get eating live foods and have to wean them onto dry and frozen
I have not tried bloodworms or daphnia, either live or frozen. I鈥檓 prone to developing allergies so bloodworms are something I鈥檒l probably never experiment with feeding. I鈥檝e looked for frozen daphnia without any luck but never thought of live. No idea where I鈥檇 get them. Maybe I鈥檒l make some calls tomorrow.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts