Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update to my Spawn #1 and a tour of all my Betta's.

http://youtu.be/9-xy1mkkAws

Jeff.:)

Out of my three spawns, I have only lost 2 fry from spawn one. One at the first week, and one I think choked on an adult brine at age 7 weeks. (he was small for his age).

I attribute it to my clean fresh filtered water. I change water regularly and filter it with a level 4 that removed all metals and chemicals. I think it is a .1 micron filter. I also use IAL.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Love the video. So many babies! Your males are beautiful. Did I miss it, or did you not film any of your females?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Drat! I missed that.... I'll post one of them....

Spawn 2 and 3 have the big ear for Dad. Spawn one has the tail biter Dad.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The plakat male, he was sent to me as a female... I don't really have any use for him, but he is a nice marble white/black. Free to anyone that will pay shipping from Michigan.

Jeff. :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Wow....

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorority tank:

http://youtu.be/7hpeyaVD6WA

The Large Lavender marble female is the mother of spawn 1 and 2. The Cambodian red marble female is the mother of spawn 3.

Both were pretty ripped up at spawning, but as you can see have totally recovered. When the fins regenerate, they are transparent.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Update to my Spawn #1 and a tour of all my Betta's.

http://youtu.be/9-xy1mkkAws

Out of my three spawns, I have only lost 2 fry from spawn one. One at the first week, and one I think choked on an adult brine at age 7 weeks. (he was small for his age).

I attribute it to my clean fresh filtered water. I change water regularly and filter it with a level 4 that removed all metals and chemicals. I think it is a .1 micron filter. I also use IAL.

Where did you get the filter?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Your first spawn is getting kind of old
U should start down sizing the fish or jarring them up
Your quality going to suffer in the long run

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where did you get the filter?
Culligan US-600A 3/8-Inch Undersink Drinking Water Filter
Culligan D40 Level-4 Drinking Water Replacement Cartridge
From the Manufacturer
The Culligan D-40-D Level 4 Carbon Block Water Filter reduces Giardia, Cryptosporidium cysts, Lindane, Atrazine (a pesticide and herbicide), asbestos, and mercury. It will also reduce chlorine taste, odor, and sediment. The filter comes with a 0.5-micron (nominal) filtration and has a filter life of 6 months or 600 gallons.
Product Description
D40 replacement filter cartridge reduces lindane, atrazine, lead, mercury, greater than 99.95% cryptosporidium and giardia cysts, asbestos, chlorine, sediment, bad taste, and odor. 0.5 micron (nominal) filtration. CBC activated carbon block construction with lead reduction media.

I use it with a separate faucet as it really restricts the flow rate for the regular faucet. It is also great for drinking water. I use it instead of buying bottled drinking water.

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
So cute * 3*

1 - 16 of 16 Posts