Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, it's time to re-spawn my import copper-marble CT pair. First time around I had a bit of a babymunching problem among others. This time, I have corrected some things around the spawning tank that caused problems last time, and plan to remove Rafiki a day or so earlier.

After a week of conditioning, the pair were thrown into the spawning tank last night, and this morning Rafiki is working feverishly on his nest. The plan is to relase the female when I get home from drivers ed around noon. These two were fantastic spawners for me last time, they got the deed done quickly, gently, and let me have my camera up to the glass the whole time! Fingers crossed it'll go just as well this time.

Rafiki

Zira (First two photos before her marbling changed)

In the *NEW* spawning tank: 10g, clump of moss, heater set to 83ish, IAL waxpaper anchor. (Will get updated photos this afternoon)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Oh! So excited!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all! Released her at noon, and so far he's being much more agressive than last time. If he continues to relentlessly chase, I'll float another female to distract him while she conposes herself. Big thick nest all ready to go, he's just having issues getting her there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.