Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal, I bought a Baby Biorb from one of my brother's friends who never used it. Other than being a pain to clean, it worked great for Ghost, my DT. He swam laps every night and seemed to really flourish in it. So, fast forward to this weekend, the bottom is leaking! He's currently in my globe vase (looks like a giant fish bowl) which I scrubbed and set up. Don't worry, it holds ten liters of water so I think he'll be fine temporarily.

My question is, are there any tanks similar to the Biorb, circular, spherical? Or should I just look for something completely different?

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Can you fix the leak? Maybe with aquarium sealant? I don't know of any tanks that hold more than a gallon like that. Thats a really nice tank. I would maybe try and fix it if you can.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure I can fix it. I'm mechanically inept and I'm afraid I'd do more harm than good :lol: It's a shame because it's a nice tank. After some research I discovered that leaking is an issue with these tanks. I think I'm just going to head to Petco and see what I can replace it with. No gallon bowls, so that's out. I'll just have to do some shopping.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I have the Kollercraft 360 cylindrical tank..under another name now..at Walmart..it's a 3 gal, I have also seen a 2 gal..but our 3 gal is taller, and works great!!

·
Registered
901 Posts
WRT the cylinder tanks....The LED lights on the ones I had didn't seem to be strong enough for well...anything. And the light fixtures are rusting after a few months. And one of them has already lost an LED setting. And you can't view the fish very well at times due to the diffraction of the curve. I don't really like those cylindrical ones, as you might surmise. I just moved my daughter's betta Indigo out of one, and my sons' fish will be getting an upgrade soon too. They are both going into MiniBows. Not cylindrical or spherical at all, but I like them most overall out of the three small tanks I've dealt with so far. (IF you don't have other critters, my absolute fave is the Marineland Crescent, but the lid on it would be easily jogged/moved/messed with with by any mobile pets you might have)

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
8I i hate the cylender tanks. they're awkward to move about for water changes. i own the Aquaview 360 three gallon, and while Pyro loves it, i hate it.

if you want round... this is only a gallon, but it's round. x-x

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Cult...ight-Hood-1-Gallon-Fish-Aquatic-Pets/17248149

i own one. hate it. i hate bowls and round tanks, though. you can fit one of the betta bowl heaters in it, though, if you leave out the crappy LED light. doesn't light up much at all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info on the tanks. I'll have to check out the Crecsent. I know cylindrical tanks aren't popular because they distort the view of the fish. I just got used to that with the biOrb I guess. The lighting thing may be an issue though. I may just end up with a hexagon tank like Pirate's.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Here's my Crescent 3, which is on my desk at work, since there are no feline critters there that can stick their fuzzy paws in the feeding portal. It does come with a filter, which I promtply removed and ignored. It has nice *bright* LED lights that at least so far have neither failed nor allowed the original plant in there (the rather ratty fern) to die. A quirk: The lid won't fit properly till the tank is filled with water.

All in all, it is Chicory Approved.

crescent1280.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts