Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am so proud of him. It has been a while since any of my bettas have made a bubble nest. He was swimming back n forth like "Mommy. Mommy. Look. Look. I did good right?!"
I had been planning to put a styrofoam cup in there to give him an area with some what still water for bubble building. But he made use outta the corner today :)
It isn't big or anything, but I am still proud of mea baby

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Always a proud moment when your boy makes his first bubble nest. Congratulations. May you see many more bubble nests in your time together. :-D
Thankies :D
His 1st partial water change is Monday. I'm gonna feel bad when I destroy some of his nest:'(
Oh well, it'll give me a reason to stick that cup in there :lol:

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always feel bad breaking up a bubble nest, too. What's worst is when they make a bubble nest the night before or the morning of the water change.
lol, apparently seeing Spike in his 5.5 gallon makes me thing it is really big and spacious. Cause I tried saving his bubble nest by putting it into a styrofoam cup. The cup is much too big. And his nest got destroyed :'(
He busy right now making a new one tho.
His personality always makes me smile. It seems like his whole life revolves around making me smile.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go Spike, Go!!!! Can he give free lessons to my boys? .....LOL They don't make bubble nests.....
LOL
Not sure if he'd be happy giving out his secrets ;)

·
Registered
562 Posts
lol, apparently seeing Spike in his 5.5 gallon makes me thing it is really big and spacious. Cause I tried saving his bubble nest by putting it into a styrofoam cup. The cup is much too big. And his nest got destroyed :'(
He busy right now making a new one tho.
His personality always makes me smile. It seems like his whole life revolves around making me smile.
Good to see that he's already hard at work making a new one. Rosso never blows bubbles when I'm around. He'd rather surprise me with the appearance of a bubble nest first thing in the morning or afternoon. He also doesn't have a regular pattern on nest building. Sometimes it's right after a water change, sometimes it's right before the water change.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good to see that he's already hard at work making a new one. Rosso never blows bubbles when I'm around. He'd rather surprise me with the appearance of a bubble nest first thing in the morning or afternoon. He also doesn't have a regular pattern on nest building. Sometimes it's right after a water change, sometimes it's right before the water change.
Yeah he doesn't like building in my sight either. I have to peek around the kitchen wall to see if hes building.
I found out he doesn't like anything in front of his tank. He flares at it and tries to "scare" it away.
While cooking dinner I had the pasta box sitting on the counter in front of him and he was flaring back n forth at it. Tried to get a picture but as soon as I lifted up my iphone he stopped flaring :'(

·
Registered
562 Posts
While cooking dinner I had the pasta box sitting on the counter in front of him and he was flaring back n forth at it. Tried to get a picture but as soon as I lifted up my iphone he stopped flaring :'(
That sounds like my guy 100%. Can't get my phone's camera mode loaded in time and if I do, the minute I raise it to the tank, he takes off. My boy does not like the camera. -_-

·
Registered
448 Posts
My betta always rebuilds their bubble nests after a water change. Everyday when I come home I have bubbles somewhere in the tank. They never do it in front of me though. I just know after the bubble nests disappear the next day there will be a bubble nest when I come home from work. I thought about setting up a camera and recording them to see them do it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My betta always rebuilds their bubble nests after a water change. Everyday when I come home I have bubbles somewhere in the tank. They never do it in front of me though. I just know after the bubble nests disappear the next day there will be a bubble nest when I come home from work. I thought about setting up a camera and recording them to see them do it.
That sounds like a good idea. I would do it if I had an actual camera. All I have is my phone's camera and the webcam that's built into my laptop, and unfortunately, that is facing the wrong direction for trying to catch my boy making a bubble nest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts