Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went out and bought Spike a new heater. Over the last coupla days I noticed his water temp had be fluctuating between 75-80F. That no good. I went and bought the heater everyone on here was recommending.
Here are a few pictures :)
Is this on 82? or 80?

He had alotta fun investigating it. Even flared and poked at it xD

Overall do you think the position looks great?

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oooh, Hydor Theo, good ones. Keeps my boy at 81 (the dial says about 83). Just go by the thermometer. I plan on ordering another one when I get my next paycheck (todays already went towards a mini master test kit).
Yup
Only got it for $40. Good price? There were some lower brands as well, but they were priced around $35 and I figured, "spend the extra few bucks for mea fishy's safety/comfort"

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
His tank seems to be staying at 82F
However, his light is on right now, so the light maybe adding to the temp.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only use Cascade brand heaters and I love them. I read some pretty terrible reviews of the Theo online. Also I can get the cascades online at Pet Mountain for 12$!!!! That's cheaper than what my boss pays wholesale for them from Pennplax direct! I just ordered 4 of them and a sponge filter. Spent around 60$ total including shipping! It was amazing.

http://www.petmountain.com/product/...9199/cascade-submersible-aquarium-heater.html

^ if anyone is interested.

I would definitely make sure you keep an eye on an accurate thermometer to make sure the heater is working properly.
I'll be keeping a close eye on it. Not like I haven't been ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.