Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone on another thread mentioned somethign about split fins from flaring. Pog was flaring at hif reflection in the filter all day and i came home to find a tear running up his fin. is that why or is it something else? hwo to treat it?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Probably a split from being a flare-monkey. Goblin does the same. Just keep his water clean and warm and it should heal all on its own. :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
That's happened to me. Fin has a rip in his tail because of that.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If your filter doesn't have charcoal in it, you could use rooibos tea or Indian almond leaf in the water. Rooibos tea is available at most grocery stores, just make sure you get the pure stuff with no additives or flavourings. Steep the leaf or tea bag in the tank until the water turns brownish-yellow, or you can use hot water to make the tea, let it cool and then pour some in the tank.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Someone on another thread mentioned somethign about split fins from flaring. Pog was flaring at hif reflection in the filter all day and i came home to find a tear running up his fin. is that why or is it something else? hwo to treat it?
Do you have plastic plants? I would suspect that over flaring.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Flaring can cause "blow-outs". It's nothing too major. Just keep the water clean. My new PK boy did this too.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok :D how can I get hi reflection out of the glass untill i get some algae? lol he has ANOTHER tear! And the plastic plants never bothered him before in his old tank and its the same ones

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
The reflection is caused when the room the tank is kept is darker than the tank so to eliminate it you either have to turn on your room light or turn off your tank light.
If you have a dark background, it will too create a reflection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts