Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 betta, 3 snails, 5 rats, and a cat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I found a nice 10 gallon on craigslist i plan on splitting between two bettas. Would this tank seperator work for bettas? If not can I get recommendations? Also, do you need a filter/heater on each side of the tank?
Font Publication Advertising Engineering Liquid

·
Registered
Pets: 5 dogs, 4 fish tanks, 2 frogs
553 Posts
Hi!
This rank divider should work good. You probably won’t need a heater on both side but you may need a Bubler or filter,

·
Super Moderator
24,350 Posts
For this divider to work you probably need to have a Top Fin tank as measurements are not universal.The 10 gallon sold by PetCo is more narrow than the one from PetSmart. Don't know about Wal-Mart or other tanks.

I prefer to treat each side as its own tank with separate filter and heater.

There can be several degrees difference between the sides if only one heater is used. If one side has the filter and heater the other side will not be cleaned as well and will be colder. If filter is on one side and the heater on the other, the same happens only split: One side is warmer and one side is kept cleaner.

I have this filter on each side of my divided tanks MARINA Aquarium Power Filter, 10-gal - Chewy.com. Best filters I've used in a long while. Hydor or Enheim heaters are my preferred heaters.As long as they're adjustable most are good.

If I had to choose I'd do two filters and one heater until budget allowed.

·
Registered
1 betta, 3 snails, 5 rats, and a cat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For this divider to work you probably need to have a Top Fin tank as measurements are not universal.The 10 gallon sold by PetCo is more narrow than the one from PetSmart. Don't know about Wal-Mart or other tanks.

I prefer to treat each side as its own tank with separate filter and heater.

There can be several degrees difference between the sides if only one heater is used. If one side has the filter and heater the other side will not be cleaned as well and will be colder. If filter is on one side and the heater on the other, the same happens only split: One side is warmer and one side is kept cleaner.

I have this filter on each side of my divided tanks MARINA Aquarium Power Filter, 10-gal - Chewy.com. Best filters I've used in a long while. Hydor or Enheim heaters are my preferred heaters.As long as they're adjustable most are good.

If I had to choose I'd do two filters and one heater until budget allowed.
Im getting the tank off craigslist but it is a Top Fin brand tank.

·
Registered
Titan, Mothra, Charybdis
192 Posts
Hi! The idea of a split tank is wonderful. I have a split ten gallon with one of my boys on each side and it’s wonderful. However, I agree with @BettaloverSara. DO NOT get the Topfin brand. It is impossible to get into the tank and it always bends at weird angles. I have bought two of the exact same kind and both had the same issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts