Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 60 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Aww their so cute :)

I cant wait to see how they turn out. Fingers crossed all goes well with your batch of fry

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thanks! !! I cant wait. Either! Just wish he did this on my schedule. I could have had sooo many more. But I'm still happy and curious to see the results!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Alls well it seems. I still can't get an exact count this morning I seen 5. Just a second ago, 9. So I'm hoping that there's at least 10+ . They're eating 3xs a day. Tomorrow I'm gunna throw some mosquito eggs in so they can hatch and become snacks in a few days :)

I tried to get some pics but they move too fast away from the camera when I spot them. Lol. But I'm so thrilled to say they are off the bottom and swimming normally. This batch is growing a lot slower compared to Venom's batch. Even after a small water change. I'm not that worried about it though. They seem happy and healthy so I'm thankful enough for that. Can't wait to the markings/ tail type they get! I can't find anything online.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Awesome! Ill deff be posted, its so exciting watching this lil guys grow. I'm already planning on starting another batch. Just going to wait till this batch is jarred so I can use the tank they're in.

Good luck with your spawn!!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I gave away all but 10 of venoms batch.3 are " gimps" I coudnt trust to give to anyone. They are all still alive and happy ( a year old 4-26 !")

I would love to keep all of them. But I plan to only keep one male and female. The rest are free to good homes. Last year I gave awat over 50+ !!! A few I had others bid over, just couple of friends who both had their eyes on the same males. I don't want to bring them to any LPS, I wish bettas were kept in at least a gallon display , I couldn't bear knowing one of my grand babies were stuck in a cup.

Id love to have my own fish farm! I hate the corporate world/ workplace I'm stuck in. Maybe one day ...

I can't wait for them to show color. They have a slight transparent pearl appearance now, the larger ones at least. 2 more days and they will b ready for live food. Can't wait!!! Its so entertaining lol

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yay! Your welcomed to choose one when the time comes!! Ill keep this spawn updated as much as possible, gunna be working long shifts next week....ughh. glad I taught my bf how to feed them while I'm gone lol

·
Registered
706 Posts
Sounds good.

I understand what you mean, I think when they're old enough to leave will be the hardest part for me besides the possibility of loosing a few along the way.

A friend of mine cried when her dog's puppies left home even though she knew they were going to nice people.

Top reason why I plan to take plenty of pictures and film the fry as they grow up. Can't forget a box of kleenix tissues.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Agreed. Another thing is figuring out which one to keep, especially if you have a few favorites. But then you come across a betta that tugs at your heartstrings and realize: "That's the one."

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Apparently breeding ees and vts ends with this, almost looks like he has 2 sets of ventrals but cool

·
Registered
55 Posts
Congrats on the fry! I would love to see them when they start showing color! I've been looking for a new fish since I lost my Levi a month ago.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
How long did you keep the father in the tank
Too long, honestly. It was 10 days. Id say 4 days too late. I was too worried about the bottom dwellers. I just wanted Dumbo to bring them to the surface with the plants. I shoulda just took him out, id have atleast 35+. I've only siphoned 5 dead lil ones since they hatched. None in the last week. I have 9 fry left. :( but they are all happy and healthy. :) :)

41 - 60 of 153 Posts