Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
You go girls! This thread might inspire me to get off my butt and join you. I've gained about 40 lbs. over the last 10 years and I always fluctuate 10 lbs. up or down.

We do try to eat right but I haven't been able to give up my wine :( It sounds silly but I really look forward to a glass or two with dinner after my very long days.

Good luck to all of us!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
lol no i understand. it's just that one simple thing that puts the day to an end and you can just have it all to yourself!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Romad...check out 4hr body...allows a glass of red wine a day for health benefits...something in it does not impede weight loss...guy did a lot of research and guinea pig work on himself...book is full of good research...my MD recommended it to me...after she researched and tested it...the biology and physiology are correct.

But remember, everyone is different....find something your instincts click with!

Although Chrissylee began this thread...I for one say "the more the merrier"! More people means more coaches, cheerleaders, and people to keep us honest.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Cool...welcome to the party!

My dad had gastric bypass, the one where they put ring around stomach opening...the MD forgot to take into account that my dad was a 325mg aspirin a day for like ever, gave him 3 days worth of warfarin injections and sent him home...my dad died of massive pulmonary embolism 5 after release from hospital!

If you get any form of this surgery, remember this story and: 1. Move every day, get up and walk, walk, walk as soon as MD let's you out of bed; 2. Make sure they test your blood clotting factors on ALL current meds before surgery and that they take all this into account and gives you a list of when to start each med again in WRITING so you know MD knows every med!!!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Sorry...I guess I'm a little rabid about this!!
I would consider any surgery where they cut into you and put something in you to follow above guidelines!

Join us instead! It will be more fun and we can keep each on right track. We don't have to be on same diet, just have similar goals!

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
Romad...check out 4hr body...allows a glass of red wine a day for health benefits...something in it does not impede weight loss...guy did a lot of research and guinea pig work on himself...book is full of good research...my MD recommended it to me...after she researched and tested it...the biology and physiology are correct.

But remember, everyone is different....find something your instincts click with!

Although Chrissylee began this thread...I for one say "the more the merrier"! More people means more coaches, cheerleaders, and people to keep us honest.

Will do and thanks for the tip. And I'm really sorry about your Dad :( How awful.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks Romad...I just hope story and lessons stick with people because it might save someone's life someday.

Yay! Keep with it Djembekah! You can use this as the momentum needed to start rolling again!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
yayyyy more awesome peoples! lol.

i wanted to add that the hardest part of trying to lose weight is your diet. a lot of people only think that it's that you need to exercise more, when in most cases if you changed your diet you would be on the right track! i think that's what the hardest part for me was. i was exercising all the time. and yeah, i lost a LITTLE weight over the course of a few months. but i didn't change my diet really. i tried eating more salads, yogurts, fat free stuff, and i was just starving all the time and had crazy cravings and i was randomly binging on cookies or m&ms. i think that's why i love this diet. i get to eat lots and lots of fat, a good amount of protein and then carbs are almost a treat lol. i only feel hungry now when i haven't eaten enough, which isn't often. i'm also making a lot of low carb meals now and learning how to make stuff such as rolls and pancakes that DON'T contain flour or anything. :] i can't wait to try them. the best part about my diet is that you have a virtually unlimited amount of calories you can eat as long as you stay within the low carb, high fat, optimal protein guidelines. so, i don't count calories, actually i'm not counting anything but carbs really, but even then its in my head. i tried writing it down but i found it not to work well for me. i just can't seem to keep writing everything down. but it's awesome to no longer feel guilty for eating bacon or using real butter or eating egg yolks. :] i'd rather feel guilty for eating candy or cookies!

·
Registered
675 Posts
You are so right...feel guilty for eating a cookie not fat! Although the "guilty" thought pattern leads to more people failing a diet: "I feel guilty for eating that cookie...oh well, today is shot, so I'll eat ice cream..." Pretty soon you're off the diet for a week, then a month, etc! It's really important that we take responsibility for our "cheats" but then move on.
It's one of my biggest weaknesses that I need to overcome. I need to get my mind to let go...yes, I ate chocolate at lunch, but I can still finish the day right, and if not that, then at least tomorrow is a new day! It was this fatalistic thought pattern that led me to fail my last diet. I promise to work more on letting go...each time I eat, I have a chance to get back on track!
I start tomorrow!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
you are definitely right about that one! its easy to just give up and then start the process of feeling super guilty and then depressed and then you hate yourself for it and then you start it up again. lol. it's an endless cycle. but you're right, it takes a lot to just say okay, i chose to eat that, so now i have to eat healthy the rest of the day. it's hard!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I think what discourages a lot of people is when they plateau (either seem to stop losing weight or gain). Usually, it's just at the point where you've lost enough fat and the exercise is causing you to build muscle. If you keep pushing through the plateau there is still heaps of potential to keep on losing and firming up. :)

Another thing is not just to go by how much you weigh: it's great up to a point, but look at your measurements, your new lifestyle and how you feel and look as well. Sometimes, even when you appear to hav stopped losing wieght, you'll still be improving these areas. :)

21 - 40 of 47 Posts