Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few threads like this but just wondering what people would think would be best for a 10 gallon tank. I would like to put some fish in with a betta and possibly have live plants. What do you think the best combination is?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
There a number of options. :)

The Sorority - 5 female bettas, a colony of shrimp OR a snail.
The Livebearer tank - a betta of either gender and 3 male guppies OR platies OR 4 male Endlers (Endlers are a better choice, as they are smaller and the males are very calm)
Tetra tank - a betta of either gender and 6 ember tetras (neons work too, but embers are much better)
The cory tank - 1 betta and 4 normal cories OR 6 panda cories OR 8 pygmy cories
Inverts - 1 betta and a colony of shrimps!

Live plants are always great, and there are some easy starter ones, such as anacharis/elodea, java fern, java moss, ambulia, anubias, cabomba and lacefern. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the look of those Endlers so what about those and then some cories? Or is that too much?

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
No fish really cleans. Sure, cories will pick up fallen food off the bottom, but they poop it right back out the other end, so they are basically making the same amount of mess as they are cleaning. :)
The best cleaner is always a gravel vacuum.

To be fair, you could probably get away with 3 male endlers and 6 pygmies.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Shrimp have almost no bio-load and they do "tidy up" tanks.... Im a huge fan of the little buggers they are just extremelly hard to find in my area (no petstores)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts