Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is am interesting spawn, the female is very unique se is a silver and Black Dragon the male is a steel dragon and has a couple unusual markings he has a white spot on the dorsal and it has a red dot in it..haha..if he didn't have the red wash he might be pretty decent, but y marbles aren't going to win any shows, the whole idea of this is to see inheritance, notice they are both marbles and I have been getting many questions regarding marble, also the dragon scaling will be cool to watch in the F1.
I did a spawn similar to this and it was very cool..so stay tuned!!

Here is the male..

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She looks better standing still which was NOT happening!! Pretty feisty for just coming out of the spawn tank a day or 3 ago!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also notice the caudal, see the branching? The rays go into 4, this means he is a HMPK..if there were only 2 rays, he would be a traditional Plakat.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Id call him a "transitional" pk since his caudal is too round for hmpk but too much branching for trad. Kind of like the transition between trad to hmpk.
Always wondered how a dragon x normal would look like in F1 so you need to keep us updated :-D

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Like I said, this is an experiment to show heredity, I know people who want to buy the fry sight unseen..they will still be great.
Look closer at his face tri..

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Lol I dont even know how I got the impression that he wasnt a dragon...:shock: I guess I just read dragon scaling in F1 and my mind somehow forgot the title and told me you were doing a dragon x normal instead...

But if you do a dragon x normal iridescent let me know. Im considering doing one in the future and am pretty keen to see how its inherited in F1. Especially the marble dragons

1 - 11 of 11 Posts