Betta Fish Forum banner

Sticky Fins

945 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  lilnaugrim 
#1 ·
My half moon betta, Aetas fins are stuck together. I just got him a couple days ago and im really scard he wont make it...... What do i do???!!!:cry:

#2 ·
Most likely he's just clamped up, he's stressed out from moving from a cold cup to a different place. It's completely normal for this to happen and don't worry, in a few day's he'll start to come around. You just need to give him time to adjust and get comfortable where he is now :)

#6 ·
I'm sorry to hear about that :-( it's not your fault though as Hallyx pointed out, he was simply sick from the store.

However, it is still normal for Betta's to clamp their fins the first week or so they are introduced to their new home with you, sometimes they don't want to eat too and I know it's hard to decide if your fish is just not comfortable yet in his new home or if he's really sick.

I hope this does not deter you from saving another though, they all need goo homes and you seem to be a very caring person. You wouldn't be replacing Aetas but giving a loving home to another that deserves it :) Again, sorry for Aetas though, he's in a good place now and I'm glad you brought him home in the first place though. He knew a life, even if it's a few short day's, of warmth and love, rather than dying on a cold store shelf :)

#9 ·
Make sure you acclimate him well to the water and the temp of the tank :)

You have a heater and all for the tank?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.