Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone

I need help to decide which lamp should I use.
I was thinking about the Stingray All-Purpose tri-color LED serie, but the website never mention the lumens.

I have a 22 gallon tank, and starting with plants. My tank had its own bulb, but it stoped working. So I decided to change and buy a LED lamp. The only struggle now is to define if this LED lamp produces enough lumens.

I´m choosing the 12' lamp because it fits perfect in the space of the aquarium lid.

Please, please, help meeee!

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are you going for a high-light high tech setup or med-low light low tech?

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
The Stingray is the lowest lighting of the whole series; it works for Anubias, Java Fern, some swords (to name a few plants that have grown under mine). If you can, I would 100% recommend buying the Planted+ 24/7 CC model. I love how adjustable it is, and it's suitable for low, medium, and high light plants. Now, if you do high light, you will need ferts, but med/low light plants don't need them as much.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
12" fixtures are usually used for 5 gallons. You should need a longer one for your 22 gallon. Planted + is much stronger, however, I don't think a 12" one is sufficient enough for your tank. I have a 20" Planted+ 15" above the substrate to grow medium light plants.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Agreed with everyone above. Just depends on what kind of plants you're aiming to keep. And I also agree that 12" would not be long enough for a 22g. I am a big fan of Finnex products though and own 2 Planted+ 24/7's (huge fan) and 2 Finnex FugeRays for low level plants in very small tanks. I recommend their products; my plants grow like crazy with those lights & ferts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts