Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a heated, lit, and filtered 25 gallon with 2 female bettas and 2 feeder guppies.

I wanted to get more fish to fill the tank up a bit more and this is the list of fish I came up with:
Cory cats-2 or 3
Platies-2 females, 1 male
Silver Tipped Tetras-3-4
Female bettas-3
Snails-1-2
Please let me know if the tank would be too overcrowded with that many fish or if I should plan on getting more of a certain kind listed above.

I know there may be some controversy about the silver tips, but i've housed a group of three in the same tank with my females and a pleco and they did very well. I am not an expert on the species and am basing my purchasing of the particular fish on my experience with them.

Anyway, please let me know if I have to many of a certain kind or not enough!

Kind regards-
~Sydnie

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So more corries and tetras?

I do plan on rearranging the tank anyway because I'm getting new plants and stuff.
So when adding the fish, should I start from the bottom up? Like put the corries in first and the female bettas in last?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so... no snails in the tank?

So start with less aggressive and work my way up to the females. And be sure to rearrange the tank when adding my new females.

What kind of plants (preferably floating) can I keep in there with this particular group of fish?

BTW Olympia, I love your little quote in your sig! I put it in mine if that's OK!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, sounds good! Eventually, I will replace all my plastic plants with live ones, but for right now, floating plants will be all I can handle!

I'll be sure to post pictures of the tank when I get all my fish in. My birthdays on the 23 of march, so it might be a while!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.