Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, hope you are having a wonderful day 馃槉.

I was just wondering if it were possible to store leftover frozen bloodworms after they had been thawed. And if it is possible, how should I store them and how long will they stay fresh?

Thanks!

Registered
Following because I wonder the same thing. I hate how they come in giant cubes with way too much for one feeding haha.

Super Moderator
I used to thaw out around 3 days worth in the fridge. I'd thaw and store it in a small pill container, like the one where you put daily pills in. I find it easier to simply take the cube out of the freezer, cut off how much I need for my boys, and put the remainder into a baggie and back into the freezer.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I used to thaw out around 3 days worth in the fridge. I'd thaw and store it in a small pill container, like the one where you put daily pills in. I find it easier to simply take the cube out of the freezer, cut off how much I need for my boys, and put the remainder into a baggie and back into the freezer.
Okay, thank you Rainbo. I personally would rather not cut the block, since I hand feed and like the worms to be whole since it makes it easier.

So after being thawed, they are good for 3 days in the fridge in a small jar?

Premium Member
Interesting! I keep mini -bloodworms in a 1-cup glass snapware and store in the fridge. Good to know you can keep it for 4 to 5 days. Is it okay to thaw other frozen fish foods together in one container?

I was thinking about mixing mysis in, but unsure if that's a good idea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts