Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I got my Betta yesterday. He is my frist Betta. I learned here he is a Crown Tail amd that he is prolly fairly young. He is in a 5.5 gallon tank. His tank mates are 1 zebra snail and 4 ghost shrimp. He doesnt seem to mind any of them at all so far.

This is take one of his tank. However I learned that several of the plants I bought (From Petco should have known better) Are actually not aquatic. So I took all of those out.

This is what is left. Basically just swords and the moss ball as far as living plants. I added two fake (made of material) plants to the back right corner.

My question is will this set up work? Should I buy more either fake or live plants? I dont want him to get too tired from not having anywhere to hide or rest but I also dont want the tank too cluttered. So does this work or what do I need to change?

Also please dont hate me for the yellow tint to the water. It is from the driftwood. I had read that tannins from the driftwood are good for the betta so I didnt do the usual two weeks soak before putting it in the tank because I wanted him to get the tannins instead of wasting them.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I think it looks great. I love the natural look and it seems like he has plenty of hiding places.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts