Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mother came to visit me this weekend and while I was at the grocery store she thought it would be a great idea to wash all of my fish equipment (buckets, sponges, scrubbers, gravel vac, etc) in the dishwasher so that they were "clean"..... So now all of my equipment is covered in soap residue...

I'm probably just going to dump most of my stuff and make my mother give me money to replace everything....

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the problem is that is there is a rinsing agent in my dishwasher and I can't get that out since you add a bit every few weeks and my mother said she added before she cleaned everything.

I just gave her a lecture and said I know she was trying to help but this did not help me at all and she is going to replace everything.

I can clean the bucket and cups and get the soap residue off but i worry that I'm never going to be sure that I got all the residue out of the gravel vacs...

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
I hate "i know best" mothers like that... good intentions, but seriously.. stay out of my stuff.
I'd make her give you the $$ but try to salvage some stuff (don't tell her) by soaking in large buckets with hot water, and do a bleach clean see if that gets it all off, rinse the [censor] out of everything.. but yet... "fork over the cash"
I let everyone know, "no touching ANYTHING" for my tanks, fish, plants, food, or fish care stuff.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Arrugh, I agree with Aqua, I hate when mothers pull the "mothers know best" card. I don't let her touch or care for anything involving my fish. My first betta met his end when she thought he was cold and poured out half his water and refilled from the tap with warm water.

Glad that she agreed to replace everything though

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hate "i know best" mothers like that... good intentions, but seriously.. stay out of my stuff.
I'd make her give you the $$ but try to salvage some stuff (don't tell her) by soaking in large buckets with hot water, and do a bleach clean see if that gets it all off, rinse the [censor] out of everything.. but yet... "fork over the cash"
I let everyone know, "no touching ANYTHING" for my tanks, fish, plants, food, or fish care stuff.
My father knows to never touch any of my fish stuff since he visits my apartment more often. My mother doesn't get down here often. And its not really "mothers know best" when i comes to her. She just tries to help out, like cleaning my apartment. I know she was just trying to help out around the apartment and saw my fish stuff and said oh i'll clean the equipment for Viv since they just did a water change on all of their tanks. She did feel really bad when I told her that fish and soap don't mix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts