Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Relax, relax. People will answer, but not everyone's on all the time. Anyway... I really, really would not recommend putting both a betta and a snail together in a 2.5 gallon tank. There's the aforementioned bioload issue, plus the betta might not take too kindly being kept in a smaller space with the snail.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yeah, snails are cute, but not when your fish is nomming on them D: Try getting some live plants, if you want to add interest to your tank. They're good for the fish, too.

·
Registered
716 Posts
That, and snails atually produce a ton of waste. Way more than they prevent by eating little bits of food and fish poopies. And you'll probably also have to get them algae wafers, because a single betta isn't going to produce enough waste for a snail to survive on. It's really not worth the trouble in such a small tank.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Oh, they're more work than people make them out to be. Not that much more, but certain snails won't even eat fish waste, and some will devour your plants.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Probably not. You'd be best off pming a more expirienced member, because I'm not too sure with bioload. I'd say keep the snail in there for now, and get a 1 gallon jar or something for him later. And yeah, algae tablets for sure, or whatever things zebra snails eat. I'm assuming it's the same kinds of things that gold inca snails eat, but I'd research just to be sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts