Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LFS owner talked me into taking home a zebra snail (he had way too many, so I got it for free) and didn't tell me much about it. To be honest, I didn't ask. (Silly me.) He said the snail would be just fine living off algea, fish poo, and leftover fish food. Is that right? He's living in my male Deltatail's 2.5 gal tank, and they're alone except for a moss ball and some tiny butterfly plants. Do I need to give the snail (named Essie, short for Escargot) any kind of supplements? I've never had snails before...
Sorry if these are dumb questions. xD

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Aw man...never will I impulse buy again. Or rather, take something for free.
But now that I have little Essie, what do I do? I don't really want to buy a new tank for a snail. Would he be happy with a small bowl, and algea wafers to feed him? But then there would be no waste for him to eat...
Well, my betta is showing zero interest in Essie. They basically ignore eachother. And I do a complete water change every week, with daily cupful changes. Will that be enough to keep the waste down?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.