Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Wednesday I was at the pet store and saw the prettiest betta. He was floating on his side and bloated (constipated). I have 7others and am pretty savy with these guys so I brought him home. I imeadiatly took him out of the dirty water he was living in and have him an epsom salt bath for about 15min (ratio 1 tbl per gallon) I've been doing this every day since. He did finally poop. Quite a bit in my opinion but he still is bloated and still not 100% able to swim straight. I fed him a really small piece of pea at that point. He can hold his self up but then ends up back on his side. Other then this his find are in good condition and his is enegetic. Any other treatment ideas? He is I still living in his cup but I change the water daily and add stress coat and it is places in my larger tank that is heated to 80'

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can try Daphnia if he is willing to eat. It can sometimes by used as a laxative for very constipated Bettas.
Make sure you keep an eye on him and have a fasting day, variety of diet (such as blood worm treats every few weeks), and only feed the same amount of food as the size of his eye.
Bettas that have had bad swim bladder tend to be more prone to getting it again.

I hope the Daphnia works and it's not a bad blockage :) I hope your little guy feels better soon!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts