Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys... I'm new here but not new to bettas. I just got a new one a few days ago and wanted to share pictures and get some opinions. This guy was sold as a male dragonscale. That's all it said. I want to know if that's what he really is. Heck, if it's really a he too. :lol:

He's really hard to get a picture of. He has such attitude but then runs from the camera. Hehe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? If I'm doing this wrong I'm sorry. I was just hoping someone could at least tell me if he really is a male dragon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
He looks like a fun little guy who just won't stop swimming nor stay still for your camera. =) From the shape of his body and fins, I'm pretty sure that he is a male plakat. He could also be a halfmoon but to confirm this, you need to get him to flare and see if his caudal fin spread 180 degrees. He is very cute and I like his color a lot!! =)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys. He doesn't like to stay still at all. He's in a 29 gallon tank by himself except for 3 snails. I think he's taking full advantage of being able to use his fins now instead of just floating in a cup.

·
Registered
137 Posts
29 gallons for one little fish? He must be pretty happy. :lol: (especially as opposed to those dumb little cups)
I love his color, he's very pretty. :)

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
lucky PK boy to have 29 gallons to himself!! :lol: If Shiloh weren't so mean he'd be in the 29 with the guppies, and the females would be in the 20.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He got lucky to have the tank because I used to have dwarf puffers but haven't for a while. When we moved a little bit ago I still had a pleco (who was coming close to outgrowing the tank anyway) but he didn't survive the move. I think the rapidly changing water temperature just did him in. It was cold outside and my lovely moving assistant didn't think there was a problem setting his container down on a concrete sidewalk for about 20 minutes without a heater (because he was supposed to be going straight into the container, to the car, to the new house and into a tank I already had waiting for him). :(

My husband is hoping I'll add in a few more fish soon because he likes to see more activity. And even though this guy swims a lot and is very active he's still small compared to the tank so it doesn't look like much. lol

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
:lol: I bet!! Shiloh is not too big either so he is miniscule in a 20 gallon hehe :3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got some new pictures of Señor Pennybottom (yes, that's his name now lol). I FINALLY got one of him flaring. He doesn't do it often.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts