Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 360 degree 3 gallon tank for my Betta. I really want to get him a little "Betta Bed" But I'm unsure if suction cups work on concave surfaces. Does anyone have an aquarium like mine and have trouble with suction cup accessories?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I've never tried it, but I do know you can hot glue the suction cup to the glass. It'll still come off (you'll have to tug a bit) but it won't leave a permanent mark on your tank, and will hold the suction cup on.

Or, if you don't care that it's permanent, you can use aquarium sealant and stick it on with that. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never tried it, but I do know you can hot glue the suction cup to the glass. It'll still come off (you'll have to tug a bit) but it won't leave a permanent mark on your tank, and will hold the suction cup on.

Or, if you don't care that it's permanent, you can use aquarium sealant and stick it on with that. :)
Thanks so much! I was hoping it could stick, just in case I need to wipe down the whole tank. I'll try to make my own at home so the cost will be lower.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just had this idea recently, maybe you can take a thermometer/whatever has the suction cup, take off the suction cup, and hot glue it to a ping pong ball so it'll float around? Just a thought.

[If no one's thought of this and it works, i'm a GENIUS. O.O]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.