Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, over the past few days my tank has gotten cloudy. I was wondering how do I prevent this. I have a low current filtered, heated and unplanted 30L tank with my male betta. I did a 25% water change 2 days ago and did not notice a difference after, the cloudiness has gotten progressively worse since then. I also have a layer, of what I'm assuming is biofilm on my glass and ornaments which is producing white flakes/specs when wiping off. I have heard air pumps are good for this due to water movement? Any tips are appreciated, the photos are taken 6 days apart.
Organism Toy Art Pet supply Display case
Plant Window Wood Houseplant Creative arts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi,

What a pretty little betta!!!! :)

How long has your tank been running? If not that long, then it could be a small bacterial bloom. That happens a lot in new tanks that are newly cycled. It will usually clear up on it's own. Water changes won't fix it; you just have to let it take it's course. It just means that the beneficial bacteria needs to catch up with the not so beneficial bacteria.

I don't know what your light cycle is, but you could also dim your lights for a couple of days, too.

Just keep up with your weekly water changes.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

What a pretty little betta!!!! :)

How long has your tank been running? If not that long, then it could be a small bacterial bloom. That happens a lot in new tanks that are newly cycled. It will usually clear up on it's own. Water changes won't fix it; you just have to let it take it's course. It just means that the beneficial bacteria needs to catch up with the not so beneficial bacteria.

I don't know what your light cycle is, but you could also dim your lights for a couple of days, too.

Just keep up with your weekly water changes.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for your response! I just put him in his tank after I upgraded it a month ago so that might be the case. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts