Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I hope the best for you because that is a great pair of bettas buddy. I am conditioning right now another's 5 pairs for 2 month before try again. I want to make sure my infusoria grow (had almost a week and growing) and have everything ready. No rush. Just want to do it well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Quite sad I only have 1 left now, seems like the smallest but very healthy. I had 2 but I lost 1 somewhere. They were a pair. Sadly I lost the other one. But I will redo another spawn when I have time. I just started a new spawn with the same female and another male betta w fry hatched yesterday. I'll condition her for another superblack spawn.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Quite sad I only have 1 left now, seems like the smallest but very healthy. I had 2 but I lost 1 somewhere. They were a pair. Sadly I lost the other one. But I will redo another spawn when I have time. I just started a new spawn with the same female and another male betta w fry hatched yesterday. I'll condition her for another superblack spawn.
Good luck my friend with the new spawn. I am still conditioning mines and growing the infusoria.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Good luck my friend with the new spawn. I am still conditioning mines and growing the infusoria.
I wished we could;ve spawn side by side and compare our little frys, but it;s okay take your time! I will try to spawn my super black when you spawn yours, my last one is growing strong and is a lot bigger now, like 2x size of a newly hatched one. it is a little over 2 week old.

·
Super Moderator
5,922 Posts
Sorry about your fry. Hope you have better luck in the furture.

I am curious to see if your SB produced marbles as all of mine did. But in general outcome depends on their background. Mine had little to no red but some (I had quite a few from different breeders throughout my country) produced some whites, and koi type of pattern. No melanos, no steel blue. Just SB, orchid, marble, and white/koi like pattern.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sorry about your fry. Hope you have better luck in the furture.

I am curious to see if your SB produced marbles as all of mine did. But in general outcome depends on their background. Mine had little to no red but some (I had quite a few from different breeders throughout my country) produced some whites, and koi type of pattern. No melanos, no steel blue. Just SB, orchid, marble, and white/koi like pattern.
I'm currently running a different spawn. I'm waiting til the fry get to 1 month old before I redo the super black, the last sb fry died today, I was being careless, but that is interesting to know! i'll definitely try to spawn the SB again and see if I get marbles or not.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts