Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a betta that won't eat anything but mosquito larvae. I have tryed everything I can think of. Knowing that approximately how many larvae should I feed it per day. I've been feeding it about 10-20ish every other day and trying to get him to eat pellets when I don't give him larvae. He still refuses to eat anything but the larvae.

I even got some frozen medley food and I can tell you that he knows the difference between live and dead food. He did try to take a frozen bloodworm but he promptly spit it out when I wasn't looking. The frozen food had brine shrimp, krill, bloodworm, and daephne in it and he wouldn't eat any of it.

What do you guys think? Am I feeding him too much or is it too little? He never looks bloated or anything when he's done eating the larvae or anything. He does continue to hunt his tank for more for hours after they are all gone.

Here is the link to the original thread that I had going.
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=101529

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
How often do you feed him?

Sometimes, if you fast them, they will be more willing to eat, from what I've experienced and seen.

Garlic is also supposed to work.

What other kinds of food do you have? I have pellets (2 different kinds), flakes, and bloodworms. I try to keep him on a diet that cycles all of them so that he doesn't get too picky with any of them, only so that if one of the foods is finished, I don't have to rush to the store.

Maybe someone with more experience can help?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts